McDonough Center for Family Dentistry utilizes advanced dental technology for optimal accuracy, comfort and convenience. We provide high-tech, comfortable dental X-rays and use sophisticated equipment to fulfill your needs. Learn about the state-of-the-art technology we use at our practice below or contact us at (678) 432-0209 to schedule an appointment!
Our advanced dental technology includes comfortable digital dental X-rays, which are utilized to detect problems with the teeth and surrounding tissues that often can’t be detected with a visual exam. An X-ray can reveal:
- Minute areas of decay between teeth or beneath existing restorations
- Deep cavities or areas of infection in the jaw bones
- Gum disease, cysts or abscesses
- Developmental abnormalities
- Various types of tumors
Digital dental X-rays are a reliable and valuable tool for assessing your oral health, and they offer patients significant advantages over old-fashioned, conventional X-rays. This type of advanced dental equipment is also:
- Healthier: The amount of radiation emitted when using digital technology is less than that emitted from conventional X-rays.
- More comfortable: Instead of uncomfortable, sharp pieces of X-ray film, digital technology utilizes small, gentle sensors.
- Faster: The digital images are transmitted directly to our computer screen in minutes, enabling us to see results almost immediately.
- Convenient: We can email you a copy of your X-rays – you won’t have to carry around bulky envelopes with your results!
When considering a complex full-mouth restoration treatment or planning an orthodontic treatment, we use a full-view digital, panoramic dental X-ray to evaluate your entire mouth, instead of isolating specific areas.
An intraoral camera is a small video camera (about the size of a dental mirror) that enables you to clearly see what we are viewing inside of your mouth. It can zoom in and provide a magnified view of your teeth and gums on a TV or monitor. This helps us to better assess your dental health and to educate you about your diagnosis and treatment options.
Dental Magnification Loupes
In addition to high-tech dental X-rays and intraoral cameras, we also utilize magnification loupes, which are special vision-enhancing devices that surgeons use to see with greater detail and work with greater precision. At McDonough Center for Family Dentistry, our highly-trained dentists use these same special prismatic glasses to achieve the best results when working in a small space, where accuracy is essential.
In addition to our advanced dental equipment, we minimize paper waste and optimize efficiency with our online patient registration and computerized patient charts.
Other Types of Advanced Dental Equipment
- Microscope for viewing complex cases
- Electronic hand-pieces for noise reduction
- High-definition TVs for patient comfort and improved X-ray reviews